The Knowing Body Network is a collective of experienced independent dance artists working in community, education and health who have come together to create a platform to develop share and articulate creative and holistic approaches to working with the living sensing body.
This network is a forum and a platform for fulfilling five goals:
- developing new movement practices through peer group support and reflective practice
- sharing these new practices through training, CPD, and mentoring
- establishing links and collaboration with health professionals in order to develop research funding and evidence for the work
- create a virtual site for advocacy and policy development
- develop the first research and practice centre for excellence in new movement practices in health care